Thursday, January 8, 2009

Define Your Own Life


Like usual I am always on the internet looking up information about anything that comes to my mind. I was looking up Quentin Tarantino's movie Kill Bill Vol 1 to find out who did the music in the film. I accidentally click on Lucy Liu's name and came across some quotes that imdb.com posted. This one I found was very interesting. I think she just wants to be recognize as a great actress without all the adjectives place in front of the word actress. If you know what I mean.

"I'm so proud of my heritage, but yes, I think there's always a danger when people put you on a pedestal. Especially when you're just trying to live your life and pursue your dreams. The intention is not to represent Asian Americans, but to be an Asian American who is working as an actress. People often confuse the two. When you are "representing," you have the burden of some people projecting their hopes onto you. This can eventually lead to a certain amount of disappointment. I strive to not deny myself experiences that open up to me. I hope to live without looking back in regret. If people want to join me on the ride, then I'm happy to have them along". -Lucy Liu

No comments:

Post a Comment